Mobil Jet Oil 254 is a third-generation synthetic lubricant made from a specially prepared hindered-ester base stock fortified with a special chemical additive package. The result is a product having superior thermal and oxidation stability that resists deterioration and deposit formation, while maintaining the physical characteristics required by builder and military specifications. Because of this, the physical properties of Mobil Jet Oil 254 are similar to currently available, earlier-generation turbine lubricants.
Mobil Jet Oil 254 is recommended for aircraft gas turbine engines of the turbo-jet, turbo-fan, turbo-prop, and turbo-shaft (helicopter) types in commercial and military service. It also is suitable for aircraft-type gas turbine engines in industrial or marine service.
Mobil Jet Oil 254 is approved against U.S. Military Specification MIL-L-23699E (MIL-PRF-23699), as well as by the following engine and accessory manufacturers:
- Honeywell TFE731 series
- Allison Engine Co.
- General Electric Company
- International Aero Engines
- Pratt & Whitney Group, United Technologies Corp.
- Pratt & Whitney, Canada
- Rolls-Royce Limited
- Garrett Turbine Engine Co. (Allied-Signal Aerospace Co.)
- AiResearch - Auxiliary power units and air cycle machines
- Hamilton Standard Division, United Technologies Corp. - Starters
- Sundstrand Corp. - Constant-speed drives and integrated-drive generators
- Westinghouse Aerospace Electrical Division - Generators
Mobil Jet Oil 254 packaged in drums may be held safely in storage for 5 years.
1 55-gallon drum